Saturday, March 15, 2008

Time of the trip

A lot of people have been asking me when would be the time to see this idea into reality. Though I am still in very initial stages pf planning but the timelines are pretty clear.

One should avoid the rains on roads, winter of North and summer across India. So this leaves me with February-March or Oct-Nov for the pan india trip. The coming oct nov won't be possible because of my bro's marriage and my manager is not willing to give me any extra leaves this year.

So in all probabilities the earliest date would be around Feb-Mar 09. Lets hope for the best.

Cheers!

2 comments:

rammishra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rammishra said...

hi Jitendra,

If you plan to take this trip in Feb/March 09 then I may join you. I also have planned a similar trip but my plan was to undertake this trip in my own Alto Vx. I am based at mumbai and my plan is to start from Mumbai. The route i plan to cover is not strictly GQ. My proposed route is as follows:
Mumbai-surat-vadodara-ahmedabad-indore-bhopal-jaipur-delhi-agra-kanpur-varanai-patna-kolkata-bhuvaneshwar-vizag-hyderbad-mumbai. This covers Maharashtra-gujrat,MP,delhi,UP,bihar,west bengal,Orissa and AP.
Although i am in the very intial stage of planning i have already travelled on few parts of this route in my car independently.

Parts i have already done earlier are Mumbai-surat-vadodara-indore-bhopal-guna-Jhansi-Kanpur-Allahabas-varanasi-patna and return by patna-varanasi-Mirzapur-rewa-satna-khajuraho-sagar-bhopal-indore-dhule-malegaon-nashik-mumbai.

I was preferin my own car alto because its converted on LPG which would save me fuel cost, i own it for last four years so can rely on it.
But my trip is in conception stage and i am not prepared to go alone i need altleast one partner to make this trip happen.