Sunday, February 24, 2008

Gym Vs Yoga for back strengthening

One of the most important tasks I need to undertake before embarking on this trip is to work on strengthening my back. It currently does not allow me to ride a car for more than an hour or 2 hours at max.

So the consideration is between Yoga and joining a gym for some focussed exercizes. Gym seems very inviting for all the style around it and apparently Talwalkar's has a course designed towards strengthening of the back. Another important consideration is that Talwalkars' is walking distance from office, I can just walk in anytime from office. But the disadvantage is that I cannot continue doing these while I am on the trip.

Yoga is something I have tried in the past. Only 45 mins of yoga and I was good for a day with 12 hours of grueling. The main advantage of Yoga is that I can continue doing it while I am on the trip or when the back starts acting up. But then yoga place is 3 kms fom home and have to go there only in the mornings.. ah lazy me..

Lets see what I choose.. may be I can choose the gym for a few days, gain strength then continue to do Yoga when I travel.

No comments: