Thursday, February 28, 2008

New friends on the way

Hi Guys,

today after a couple of attempts I managed to join a forum group called www.team-bhp.com It appears to be the best site for a car owner in India. Though, it has members from all over the world who are interested in cars, the focus appears to be on Indian cars.

I shared my idea with the forum members there via a thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/36190-very-light-driver-looking-car-all-india-road-trip.html

and got some interesting responses. Quite a few members are of the view that I can/should take my alto on the trip and it will be a lot of fun. But because of my back ache I am reluctant and one of them suggested that I can try on modifying my seat. Lets see what kind of modifications are possible. I love my alto, but since I bought it for 2 years only it might living past its timeline with me, or may be I can take this trip and then sell it off. Safari is the other choice people are recommending. Lets see...

One of the guys mentioned someone who has done this particular trip more than once, got to check it out with him. The feedback was that its no "rocket science" and people actually do it :-).

Interesting!

Will keep posting here what I learn from there.


Cheers!
Jitendra

No comments: