Thursday, February 21, 2008

Things to consider in planning

The main things to consider are :
1) What to do before the trip.
2) What is needed to do the trip successfully.

Before the trip, I would need to strengthen my back which has been ailing for past few years and has been neglected. It has been 4 years since I did some regular serious driving over an hour. So to do a test run I am planning a trip to Bangalore sometime next month, will also be able to attend a friend's new addition to family. Also plan to start exercising regularly to strengthen my back and to build stamina.

Things to consider carrying along are primarily gadgets to guide me and keep my busy. My plan to buy Sony Ericsson 960Wi still stands to make it a gadget I am planning to buy some GPS equipment and compatible software like one listed here:
(Idea credit: Mogli)

Then there are questions (credit: Kaushy) to answer like:
1) Will I travel alone? Still considering, interested in going alone but lets see...
2) Which car? Have my own Alto car, but may be will rent some SUV.
3) Any message to carry around? No. It is a personal fact-finding and learning trip.
4) Any sponsors? This blog could be my partial sponsor ;-)
5) How long will it take? Plan to travel around 8 hours everyday, so at an average of 40 kmph would be covering around 300 kms in a day, so this could take minimum of 20 days..may be more if I plan to take breaks on weekends.
6) Self drive or take a driver along? Driver would make it a leisure trip rather than an adventurous business trip.. what say ?


-Jitendra

No comments: